21 January 2009

Sleep...Ha...Who needs Sleep!

Well, Greyson is almost 5 months already. I can't believe how the time flies by! For over a month now he has been having issues with GERD which is basically acid reflux. So, needless to say he spits up ALOT and cries frequently because the acid comes up in his esophagus and burns :( At around three months old I had been bringing him into bed with us just because he seemed to be more comforted by being close to mommy and daddy but now that he is on meds for the reflux we have been trying to get him to sleep in his own bassinet again. Ooof! What a task this is! Not to mention he got into a bad habit of "snack nursing" throughout the night. I am still waking up just about every two hours to let him "snack" and change the dipe. I feel as though my nerves are wearing thin as 5 months rolls around with a definite lack of sleep and his only source of food (he is not on a bottle yet). I need some relief!!!!! I pray that the Lord will give me strength and patience to be able to make it through till the little one can sleep on his own at least more than 2 hours at a time. I kind of hoped by this time he would be in his own room. Ha! That is not going to be for a while yet. Sleep...its over rated anyways....right? :)

No comments: