16 March 2009

Success!

Yea! We finally have had two successful nights in a row. Greyson has slept all night long the last two nights in his own room, in his own crib! My sister has helped me immensely. She has helped me get Greyson on a really good eating, sleeping, and nap schedule. This is the schedule we have been using or close to it :)

7:00am~ Wake up time and first nursing of the day
7:15am~ Greyson has a breakfast of rice cereal
9:30am or so~Takes a nap
10:30am or so~Nurse
1:30pm~Nurse
Sometime in the afternoon he takes another nap~still working on this part :)
4:30pm~ Nurse
4:45pm~Has dinner--so far he likes squash and green beans (I haven't tried anything else yet)
7:00pm~I have been giving him a little bit of rice cereal, we put on the night time dipe and PJ's and nurse and then somewhere around 7:30pm I put him in his crib and he goes to sleep :) Yea!

Now, typically we probably should be giving him his last nursing at around 10:30pm but he has slept so soundly the last two nights I haven't wanted to wake him up to eat. Maybe he doesn't need this feeding so I will skip it for now unless he protests and needs to eat.
With Greyson going to bed at a descent time, Gabe and I have been able to have a little time to ourselves....I feel like we get to have date night now, HA! It's been really nice to actually be able to sit down and just reconnect with the hubby again. Not to mention I am better rested and have been able to get up and start following my cleaning schedule again. This morning I have already ran a load of laundry, ran a load of dishes, wiped down all kitchen appliances and washer & dryer, and now I am off to make a loaf of bread. Whoooo Hooo. I love being able to get things done around the home :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi sister-in-law's sister! :) I saw your blog through Kayla's. Your little boy is so cute! I love his dark hair! How are the cloth diapers going? I remember Kayla telling me about how brave you are!

Heather said...

Oh, and I really LOVE the way you spelled Greyson - with the 'e'. I love that spelling!