19 December 2008

Am I Really Forgiven?

Every once in a while, during my walk with the Lord these last 3 years, the question has come to my mind...Am I REALLY Forgiven? For Real? Are you sure God, that you can forgive me of this sin or what about that sin...don't you remember what I did then? As I was reading Luke 7:47, "Wherefore I say unto thee, her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much." This women that I was reading about in Luke (KJV) was indeed a sinner. In Luke 7:37 it says, "And, behold a woman in the city, which was a sinner...". This woman who everyone knew was a sinner and had "MANY" sins, Jesus said "ARE FORGIVEN". It goes on to say in verse 50 "And He said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace." I need to have faith that God has forgiven my sins! At this point in my study another verse came to mind, Psalm 103:12 "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." Wow! How cool is that?! As far as the east is from the west he has thrown, if you would, our sins away. It says in Romans 3:23-25, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God." Everyone has sinned and is not worthy of God, but by Jesus dying for sins and by us having faith that Jesus has died for our sins and are forgiven, God shows us grace! Yea! Thank you God! And so back to Luke 7:50, Jesus says that I can "go in peace". :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post. So true and such an encouragement!I'm so glad His saving us doesn't depend on US!