12 December 2008

Cloth Diapers

I have been inspired! Ha! So, I have been carefully researching and pondering whether or not to start using cloth diapers. We have used disposables up until now and now I feel like I have enough time and energy to use cloth. Cloth diapers have really changed sense our mothers used them. It takes quite a bit of research to find what the differences are and what would suite each person. I have decided to try a couple of different types. First, I ordered some basic pre-fold diapers ( kind of like the ones our moms used to use). These pre-folds require a cover over them and they run anywhere from $3.00-up. The plastic cheapos can be found at Walmart or Target and there are even pretty cotton, hemp, bamboo, wool, covers that are more spendy and come in an array of colors and patterns online. So, I am trying the prefolds with cheapo covers for right now (just in case we don't like em). I also ordered what is called a pocket diaper. They run anywhere from around $10-up and also come in different kinds of material, colors, and patterns. The pocket diaper has a pocket in between the outer liner and the inner liner that hold an absorbent "insert" and there is no folding reqired. You just take out the insert and wash. They are fastened together with Velcro or snaps and make it very easy for babysitters or dads :) to use. I was able to find a 3 pack of Fuzzi Bunz on Ebay of around $12 a piece w/inserts (they are normally around $17.25 or so). There a many more kinds of cloth diapers but for the moment, until we find what we like, we are going to just start with these. I'll let you know how they turn out.

No comments: