23 December 2008

Take time for Jesus

I woke up late this morning, 6:20am, and quickly made hubby some breakfast, packed his lunch and sent him out the door to work. As I started to do some chores around the house a thought came to my mind that I should stop, open up the word of God, and spend some time with Him. Reluctantly, knowing that the little one would be waking at any moment and I would then be really behind on my day, I sat down with my oatmeal and opened the bible. As I started reading Luke the Lord really spoke to my heart. I was reading Luke 10:38-42 (KJV) it says:

"Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus, answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things. But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Wow! Here I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off just like Martha, trying to get things done and in order and, just like Martha, I feel cumbered. Then Jesus says to me Tawny, Tawny, you are careful and troubled about many things. Yes, the Lord wants me to be able to get my chores done, Yes He wants me to be able to help my husband and raise my child, but even more so, Jesus just wants me (us) to take a break and spend some time with Him. He says that we NEED it. So, as I go about my day today, and every day after, I can thank the Lord for showing me not to be a busy Martha but to be like Mary and take some to sit a Jesus' feet!

No comments: